Thinking About Curling?
IS SO GREAT ABOUT CURLING?
Curling is a very social activity, both on the ice and in the clubhouse
after the game. Weekly league play and countless special activities
during the season give club member the opportunity to meet many people
and make new friends.
Curling is as much exercise as you want it to be. It can be a way to
develop and maintain your flexibility or it can be a great physical
workout - it's your choice!
NO AGE LIMITATIONS:
Children can begin curling when they are as young as 8 years old. At the
other end of the spectrum, LCC has active members beyond 80 years of
age! Curling is an activity that you can enjoy for your entire life -
it's never too late to start curling!
EASY TO LEARN:
It takes about an hour of instruction and practice for most people to
become comfortable "on the ice". The LCC provides regular, professional
instruction for its members.
MANY LEVELS OF CHALLENGE:
Curling will present as much or as little challenge and competition as
you might want. From specially planned social events, to weekly league
play, to high caliber international competition ... it can all begin at
Who can join the London Curling Club?
What are some of the
benefits of joining the London Curling Club?
a wide spectrum of individuals from beginners to experienced curlers
and from once-a-week curlers to avid enthusiasts
When does the season
begin and end?
A season-long learn-to-curl program is available for beginners
- Clinics are held throughout the year for those wishing to improve their skills
- A wide-variety of leagues are available, both competitive and social, for men, women,
mixed and seniors. A full description of each league can be found
on the club’s website
- Curling is a relatively inexpensive winter past-time where one can meet and enjoy
What equipment will I need to get started?
- The curling season runs from the first week in October through to the end of March each
What does a yearly membership cost?
- Brooms and sliders are available to loan for those just starting out
- The club has an excellent pro shop where one can purchase shoes, brooms, gloves and
apparel at very reasonable prices
How does one join a league or a team?
- Far less than most clubs and other sports (See rate sheet under Membership Information on Web Site)
Can I still join the club even though the season has already started?
- In September, the Club hosts an open-house evening where you can drop in to inquire
about leagues and to register for league or team play information
regarding leagues is available on the Web Site
Are there programs for elementary-aged children?
- New members are welcome at any time throughout the season and fees will be adjusted
to the remaining time available
Are daytime programs available to seniors?
- Information is posted regarding Little Rocks, Bantam and Juniors under Leagues
- The LCC has active programs for senior men and senior women for both league and
- The senior "drop-in" program appeals to those who do not want to commit to a
fixed schedule, but who still want to be able to curl as little as
once a week or as much as five times per week.
- A number of our seniors use a stick for delivery rather than sliding out from the